Monday, December 14, 2009

The Origin of Zoomguy

This is all to be sure that I was the true creator of Zoomguy.

Ah, Need for Speed: Underground 2. A great game from 2004. I remember getting it. Although I can never remember when I got it. All I know is that when I play a video game that uses a profile name, I would use my real name and if I beat the game I would use a special name. Now, I think Need for Speed: Underground 2 was the first game I ever did this on. I wanted a racer type name. And that's when I made up Zoomguy. I think it was around 2005-2007 I created it. I'm not completely sure. I tried to make up another name, FstrThnU (Faster Than You), but it never really worked, so I stuck with Zoomguy.

Later on, I started using online accounts. When I started I made up a different username for every account. Around this time is when I wanted to get an e-mail. I originally thought to use my first name. But then I remembered how sweet of a name Zoomguy was, so I started using it online. Shortly after, I decided to use Zoomguy as an e-mail. Still some time before a got my e-mail (if you're not noticing, I'm mostly guessing the order of this timeline) I learned the fate of stolen usernames. Usually, I took it cool, but still, you're not always the happiest when your trademark username is stolen. It's even more annoying when the username isn't actually stolen. For example, when I was choosing the URL for my blog, it said that zoomguy.blogspot.com was taken, I checked, it wasn't (click the link to see what I mean). If Zoomguy was taken I would just stick a 53 at the end (or the rare time that's taken, usually when I create an account, erase it and make it again I stick a 537 at the end of Zoomguy).

Then, just recently, a few months ago I was racing online and was driving the track backwards, ramming people in the process, I realized that I loved carnage! That was when Zoomguy Carnage was created. And with it, the initials ZGC (ZoomGuy Carnage. NEVER MAKE THE G A CAPITAL! JUST GOOGLE ZOOMGUY AND SEE ALL THE BAD SPELLINGS!).  I'm just saying with this, that if someone used the name Zoomguy after the 2005-2007 mark, that you might be copying me. If I had the power to copyright something, Zoomguy would be! Just a point. NO COPYING!

Zoomguy(53(7)) i© Copyright 2005-2007 by aec works (if it existed)

See the true Zoomguy at:

Stagevu: Zoomguy
Youtube: Zoomguy537
Trackmania: zoomguy (not capitalized by mistake)
PlayStation Network: Zoomguy53
Runescape: Zoomguy53
Nitto Legends: Zoomguy
Jango: Zoomguy
Delicious: Zoomguy53
Blogger: Zoomguy
And possibly more! But make sure it's the right one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Last Updated: 2/7/2012