Monday, December 6, 2010

The First Gran Turismo 5 Post (Plus My New TV Review)

Been a while since I've posted something other than the weekly video, so here I am, saying I've finally got a nice new TV and showing off a few GT5 pics.

So yeah, new TV. A beautiful 42 inch Samsung Plasma for $500. I guess you could call this a review, so HERE ME RANT! And if you want to see it on it's website, click here.

First of all, it's looks. Lets just say it looks wonderful in my living room, and fits it perfect. It has a nice glossy black finish with buttons hidden on the front, so you don't have to reach behind it.

Picture. Wow. HD is so nice. It's supposedly a 720p TV, but the native resolution is sadly a bit below 720p, so really thin lines don't always look good, but it will allow you do 1080p but I won't recommend it if its not even made for 720p. The colours look pretty good, but for some reason reds look a bit more pink, maybe I need to do more tweaking. Let's just say it looks significantly better than my old 27 inch CRT.

Sound. Good, better than my CRT that's for sure. Not really much to say here, but it sounds really good.

Features. A lot to mess around with. For example, I can make it when I turn on my PS3 to turn on and change to the right input (aka HDMI-CEC). It will automatically dim depending on the room brightness. It has 2 HDMI ports, 2 Component (1 is used as Composite), audio out, ect. It has a good amount to use.

Final Debate. There are definitely better ones out there, but for it's price I highly recommend it. If you're looking to upgrade to HD, it's a really good choice. I give it a 7.5 / 10. I just love HD.

Now onto the Gran Turismo 5 Pics.









There's just a taste of what I'll probably post of GT5 on the blog. Hope you like it.
And don't forget the Blog's Anniversary in 7 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Last Updated: 2/7/2012